About the Foundation
BHI Senior Living strives to ensure that every resident who lives at Hoosier Village or one of our other Continuing Care Retirement Communities is empowered to live life to the fullest. It’s a lifestyle filled with opportunities to enhance wellness; enjoy exceptional services, amenities, and activities; and live in a community filled with good neighbors and caring staff. For more than 25 years, the BHI Foundation has been instrumental in helping us attain that goal.
BHI Foundation Inc. is a 509(a)(3) support organization. Listed below are ways you can help along with programs that may be beneficial to you or your family.
BHI Foundation Programs
Benevolent Care: The Good Neighbor Fund
Thanks to the generosity of our donors and the strength of the BHI Foundation, we are proud to offer the security of lifelong care for BHI residents who deplete their financial resources through no fault of their own, and are no longer able to meet their monthly living expenses.
BHI residents who enter one of our CCRCs under a continuing care agreement are eligible to apply for benevolent care so that they may continue their residency in that community for as long as they choose. We are proud to say that no resident with a continuing care agreement has ever been asked to leave one of BHI’s senior living communities because of an inability to pay, when their financial resources have been exhausted through no fault of their own.
Employee Scholarship Program
The BHI Foundation sponsors a scholarship program for the employees of BHI’s retirement communities. This tuition reimbursement program is designed to encourage employees to enhance their personal and professional growth through higher education. Retirement community employees can choose from two career development tracks: college credit/vocational courses or professional nursing licensure (RN and LPN).
Special Gifts and Projects
The generosity of our donors allows the BHI Foundation to contribute to community projects both within our CCRC’s and throughout their respective cities. These projects improve and enhance our residents’ quality of life, as well as make us good neighbors in our communities. Some of the projects we’ve helped support include:
• Supporting the Wesley Manor woodshop and library, as well as providing birdseed for campus feeders.
• Hoosier Village Veterans Garden: garden with individualized bricks honoring their community veterans.
• Hoosier Village and Four Seasons Piano Funds: funds were used to purchase nice pianos for each community’s chapel.
• Indy Honor Flight Support: Foundation pays the Guardian Fee for residents going to Washington D.C. to see the war memorials through Honor Flight.
• Soldier Care Packages: Residents at Four Seasons write letters and send care packages to deployed soldiers.
• Towne House Holland Teachers’ Fund: Supports buying gift certificates for local teachers to spend on their classrooms; the residents also tutor and mentor the students.
BHI Foundation Finances
With assets in excess of $8 million, the BHI Foundation will continue to serve the needs of our residents. As BHI’s communities grow and the amenities desired evolve, we strive to provide the needed funding. Continued managerial oversight has allowed the BHI Foundation to internally administer and maintain both the Charitable Gift Annuities and the Charitable Trust agreements that our generous donors have established. Our financial stability allows us to provide the highest level of security related to these donations.Learn More